|position : Financial Analyst
Reports to :CountryDirector|
Location : Kampala
|Start Date||May 27, 2013|
|End Date||Jun 7, 2013|
WWF is one of the world’s largest independent and experienced conservation organizations operating in over 100 countries in the world. WWF UCO implements a number of national programmes promoting environment conservation in Uganda.
We are looking for a competent person to fill the position of Financial Analyst. The candidate in addition to the specific job requirements below must have demonstrated a high level of integrity and honesty. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. S/he must be a team player and ready to travel outside his/her own work station.
Position : Financial Analyst
Reports to : Country Director
Supervises : Finance & Administration Team
Location : Kampala
Annual Salary Ranges : Gross Ugs.62,463,192 /= – Ugs.72,000,000/=
I. Department Mission:
To ensure a high performing Uganda Country Office with efficient operating systems, professional and skilled staff, and strong financial resources, delivering conservation impact on issues and in place that are key for WWF’ Network Initiatives and other global conservation priorities.
II. Major Functions
• Supervises and coordinates the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and systems for all financial support services in Uganda Country Office, including accounting, financial reporting, auditing, IT systems, budgeting, internal controls, and adherence to WWF International and WWF Eastern and Southern Africa guidelines.
III. Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinates the preparation of annual operational / project budgets and forecasts for Uganda Country Office, in accordance with the annual and quarterly planning cycle and in close collaboration with project staff;
• Assists in the preparation and review of all Uganda Country Office project proposals to be submitted for funding; and
• Builds capacity of the Finance/Administration team and partners in financial matters.
• Ensures that all Uganda Country Office field offices have appropriate financial and administrative structures in place, with qualified staff;
• Ensures that timely and appropriate financial information is provided to Uganda Country Office management, WWF Eastern and Southern Africa, WWF International, and other WWF offices as required;
• Ensures that external and internal audits are properly organised, and that there is proper and timely follow-up of audit recommendations;
• Carries out periodic evaluations of Uganda Country Office financial reports, systems, procedures, and internal controls; VACANCY
• Ensures that all Uganda Country Office field offices apply the WWF International Field Office Procedures as set out in the appropriate manuals, and, where appropriate, coordinates the preparation of local versions of these procedures;
• Ensures that all Uganda Country field offices are equipped with the appropriate WWF International approved systems – particularly accounting, spreadsheet, and word processing software – and that these are updated in a coordinated and timely manner, in consultation with the Regional Chief Finance Officer;
• In collaboration with the People /Development Manager, liaises with government on matters pertaining to:
- the Host Country Agreement; work permits; and
- WWF privileges and obligations.
• A degree in Accounting, and
• At least five years (post chartered accountancy qualification) experience in these areas.
• Full accounting qualification i.e. CPA, ACCA , or equivalent;
• Advanced degree will be an added advantage.
Required Skills and Competencies
• Strong leadership abilities;
• The ability to work under pressure;
• Excellent inter-personal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels, within Uganda Country Office and, as required, with external stakeholders;
• Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Engaging, Optimistic, Knowledgeable and Determined
VI. Working Relationships
Internal: Interacts and works closely with finance and administrative staff in the Uganda Country offices. Also works with other Uganda Country Office senior managers and project staff. Coordinates and interacts as appropriate with members of WWF Eastern and Southern Africa Program Office, WWF International, and other WWF offices.
External: Interacts as required with governmental institutions, donors, and other stakeholders, in collaboration with the Country Director as appropriate.
All applications should be addressed to the People/Development Manager – WWF UCO, Plot 2, Sturrock Road, Kololo. P.O. Box 8758, Kampala.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 7th June, 2013.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.
|Apply for this job Now|
Please click on “apply for this job now” if only a job has detailed that you can apply for it by email or else your application will not be delivered to the intended party if a job is not detailed as applicable from email.