This web site provides you with the latest hot jobs in Uganda.
EAST AFRICAN JOBS
JOBS IN UGANDA
Saturday, June 1, 2013
Location:Kampala, , Uganda
Employment Type:Full time
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 17 countries and at 4,700 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected.
Reports to: Director – Clinical Services
Employment Duration: 9 months
Job Summary: The Intervention Coordinator will be responsible for leading the implementation of a facility- and community-based intervention in Kabale, Uganda designed to strengthen the provision and uptake of integrated family planning/HIV services, with an emphasis on fostering greater involvement of male partners.
The intervention will be implemented as part of the EGPAF-led STAR-SW program. The Intervention Coordinator will be supervised by the Foundation Director of Clinical Services and provide supervisory visits in conjunction with the regular STAR-SW program site visit schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
: In collaboration with Mbarara-basedEGPAF staff, coordinate and provide technical support for all aspects of study intervention implementation, including:
• Act as primary liaison between health facilities, the Kabale DHO offi ce, other NGO partners in Kabale District , Foundation Kabale Program Offi cer and Foundation Clinical Services Director
• Maintain communication and gather feedback from local partners, such as AIC and Marie Stopes, on the FP/PMTCT integration and male involvement intervention package developed by EGPAF and FHI.
• Secure and maintain buy-in from relevant stakeholders for study/ intervention.
• Provide technical and administrative support for implementation of facility- and community-based intervention activities as outlined in the intervention package (e.g., implementation of trainings for health care staff and community leaders/members; introducing “male-friendly” innovations in clinics; organizing community-based events, etc).
• Ensure implementation of intervention activities according to study timeline; report obstacles to implementation in a timely manner.
• Convene stakeholders to update them on study/intervention progress as needed.
• Provide supervisory visits to facilities and intervention communities to ensure intervention is implemented as intended and provide ongoing technical support to facility staff and community-level intervention partners.
• Document intervention implementation using the Intervention Tracking Tool and submit monthly updates to staff at EGPAF and FHI
• Collect cost data using forms developed by FHI and submit to key staff at FHI and EGPAF.
• Collaborate with the project Research Coordinator in organizing a local dissemination event upon study completion.
• Work closely with FHI study staff and Foundation technical staff to develop reports, review data and assure data quality.
• Support health facilities in maintaining consistent contraceptive commodities stocks
• Review all facility-level data for completeness and communicate with facility staff on training issues related to quality of data collection Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualifi ed individuals are welcome to apply. Please send cover letter and CV to:
The Country Director/COP
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Plot 18A Kyadondo Road, Nakasero
P.O. Box 21127,Kampala, Uganda
EGPAF will only contact short-listed applicants.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)