ZK Software (EA) Ltd vacancy - Installation and Service Technician-Jobs in Uganda
Organisation: About ZK Software (EA) Ltd:
About ZK Software (EA) Ltd:
ZK Software (EA) Ltd is a subsidiary of ZKTeco Inc which is the leading OEM/ODM manufacturer of fingerprint Identification systems in the world, with the largest biometric factory in China, Head Office in Piscataway New Jersey USA and offices all over the world including in Uganda and Kenya.
ZK software manufactures fingerprint time and attendance systems, RFID proximity access control systems, facial recognition systems, fingerprint access control, fingerprint readers, fingerprint food management systems, authentication hardware which includes fingerprint mouse and software management systems.
Back Ground information;
ZK Software (EA) Ltd is currently seeking for Security Installation and Service Technicians to perform the following duties:
Provide technical hands on installation, service, engineering setups, programming, test execution, and low voltage wiring services for Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Access Control Systems, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) both analog and digital IP based systems; barrier systems, interior sensor systems, exterior sensors include perimeter detection systems for home and office alarm systems, intercom, data transmission systems including wire, fiber and RF.
Job Description: Installation and Service Technician
- Candidates should be familiar with different types of access control, time and attendance credentials such as fingerprint and facial Biometrics, mag stripe, proximity, and smart card technologies, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) both analog and digital IP based systems.
- Candidates should have a basic understanding and knowledge of personal computers and their use, the use of standard software applications such as MS Word and Excel and general use of the internet and email applications.
- Candidates should have a background in performing installations of noted systems and have a technical background in IT/electronics/electrical systems in general.
- Candidates should have a knowledge of security requirements in the installation and application of electronic security systems and the ability to apply required Installation techniques that meet those requirements is desired for the position.
- Candidates should have knowledge of or be able to interpret and follow installation drawings, schematics, technical manuals, system configuration sheets/designs, or other technical reference documents.
- He or she should have experience in electrical drilling, pulling cables, terminating cables, connecting cables, mounting sensors, door control hardware, and dressing cables in a cabinet or rack. Installing data transmission systems, fiber systems, Ethernets, communications circuits, sensors, card reading and processing devices, workstations, servers, power supplies, AC and DC power applications, uninterrupted power supplies, surge protection, and other electronic security systems hardware and software.
- Installation technicians should have a working knowledge and testing skills using common tools of the trade including but not limited to hand tools, limited fabrication tools, meters, probes and communication testers.
- Demonstrate the ability to document and provide precision measurements, test data, and troubleshooting when required.
- Demonstrate the ability to train and offer technical support to both customers and internal staff on all services and products as required.
- Functional responsibilities may include situations requiring working alone or as part of an Installation team in the conduct of an installation and/or services noted above.
- Candidates must have at least a diploma or degree in the following fields IT, Electrical Engineering and Telecom Engineering.
- Candidates should have documented proof and proven track record of at least 1-2 years experience with on- the job or hands-on installation, testing, maintenance of electronic or security systems equipment, software, hardware and/or firmware.
- Any additional certification in this field is an added advantage.
How to apply:
Application with detailed CV should be hand delivered or emailed to the following address not later than Friday, 31st May 2013.
Suite 1,1st Floor Aqua House
(Next to Kampala International University)
Plot 321 Gaba Road, Kansanga
P.O. Box 4275, Kampala
Tel: 0414669939.0312280176 email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org www.zksoftware.co.ug