This web site provides you with the latest hot jobs in Uganda.
EAST AFRICAN JOBS
JOBS IN UGANDA
Saturday, June 1, 2013
Civil Aviation Authority
Location:Kampala, , Uganda
Employment Type:Full time
Civil Aviation Authority is seeking for a candidate to fill the above vacant position
JOB REF : CAA/ADV/EXT/05/2013
REPORTS TO : Chief Electrical/Electronics Engineer
SALARY LEVEL : 09
VACANCIES : 01
To ensure that plant, equipment and vehicle fleet at the Airport is in a state of good maintenance and repair so that the promised level of service can be delivered to users
A good relevant Higher National Diploma.
7 years relevant working experience
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Technologist membership of the Uganda Institute of Professional Engineers will be an added advantage.
Must be computer literate.
Must have knowledge of relevant ICAO SARPs .
Input into Strategic Planning
Prepares input into the departmental budgets, plans and reviews
Plant & Equipment maintenance
1) Supervises operations of the section
2) Ensures that staff are properly deployed to cover all the required operations.
3) Allocates duties to staff.
4) Ensures that tasks are done.
5) Ensures the monthly maintenance programme is prepared and is actually implemented.
6) The monthly maintenance programme is approved by the supervisor.
7) Prepares monthly preventive maintenance programmes for the section.
8) To ensure maintenance work is carried out and daily, weekly, and monthly reports are actually prepared as required.
9) Prepares periodic reports of serviceability of equipment and works carried out.
10) Ensures stocking of critical items at all times to ensure serviceability of critical equipment in event of breakdown.
11) Advises procurement on proper re-order levels of critical spares/materials on regular basis.
12) Processes requirements/logistics for the section.
13) Ensures that inspection of plants are conducted and signed for, on due dates.
14) Carries out periodic inspection of plants.
1) Supervises the work in the section to ensure approved standards are met
2) Participates in the attraction, retention, motivation and development of staff that are dedicated to outstanding performance in the department.
3) Advises management on the Departments manpower requirements and ensures staff development within the Department
4) Implements performance management. on own staff in the department
5) Conducts on the job training for own staff
6) Quantifies the capability gaps in terms of skills and competencies and implement programs to close the capability gap through on the job training and development programmes
HOW TO APPLY:-
Hand-written applications with detailed CV and copies of academic certificates and transcripts with the Job reference number clearly marked at the top left hand corner of the envelope should be sent to the address below, before close of business on 6th June, 2013 at 5:00p.m.
The previous applicants for position No.11 who applied in 2011 may re-apply if still interested.
THE DIRECTOR HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION
CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY (HEAD OFFICE)
P .O. BOX 5536
Applicants, who will not have heard from us by 6th September, 2013 should regard their applications unsuccessful
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)